Fort Bend County Sex Crime Attorneys
Arrested for a sex crime in Sugar Land?
Sex offenses are incredibly serious and are some of the most strictly prosecuted crimes in the state of Texas. Even an arrest and accusation of a sex offense can be demeaning and embarrassing.
Prosecutors will do everything in their power to ensure that you receive the steepest penalties available and will quickly throw you into jail, force you to pay expensive fines and could potentially require you to spend the rest of your life registering as a convicted sex offender.
If you have been arrested, you need to immediately act and retain the representation of Stornello Law Firm, P.C. We will work diligently to provide you with trusted defense and aggressive representation for your case. If you are facing any of the following charges, you need to contact our Sugar Land criminal defense attorneys today!
Call (281) 761-7160 or contact us online today to start discussing your sex crime case.
Examples of Sex Crimes in Texas
- Rape - Rape is considered a violent crime that will be charged as a felony. If convicted, you could face maximum penalties, including life in prison. If you have been arrested for statutory rape or raping a minor, you need to immediately contact a sex crime attorney.
- Child Pornography - Possessing, distributing, viewing or requesting, and manufacturing child pornography is strictly forbidden by law. If you are arrested on child pornography charges, you could potentially be penalized with life in prison and major fines.
- Child Abuse - Child sexual abuse is a form of molestation in which the alleged perpetrator acted in a manner or engaged in sexual contact with a child in order to stimulate one's own sexual desires. Those accused of this crime will face biased judgments from the public and possibly the jury.
- Internet Crimes - Any type of internet crime including sexual advancements, exchange of photos or sexually graphic material, child pornography or asking of services (regardless of outcome) is considered a sex crime.
- Indecency with a Child - Any type of sexual contact, interaction or exposure with a child or minor less than the age of 17 can land a person with a charge of indecency with a child.
- Sexual Assault - Any unwanted advancements or touching of a victim through use of force, fear or incoherency is defined as sexual assault. This is an aggravated offense that is heavily prosecuted.
Harsh Penalties for Sex Crime Convictions in Texas
Texas State legislation is not forgiving in the slightest towards those conviction of sex crimes. Regardless of the evidence present or your criminal history, if you are convicted for a sex crime of any kind, you could be facing some of the harshest criminal penalties in use. Some punishments will target your pocketbook and others your time but the most damaging of all penalties will affect your reputation and good name. If you are charged with a sex crime in Texas, you need to react fast to protect yourself with a trusted Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney.
The three top forms of criminal penalty sex crime convicts face are:
- Prison time: Many sex crimes are charged as felonies, not misdemeanors, so any time spent behind bars may be done in a state or federal prison for at least one year. In addition to losing your freedom, incarceration can subject you to notorious dangers of prison life.
- High fines and fees: Depending on the crime for which you were convicted, the state may exact a fine of several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Your conviction will also allow the alleged victim to sue you in civil court for personalized compensation.
- Mandatory sex offender registration: Employers, landlords, administrators of educational institutions, and more have the right to know if you are or have been a registered sex offender. With your name placed on one of these lists, living an ordinary life may be impossible or uncomfortable. In some situations, sex offenders have been forced to leave neighborhoods or cities, either due to zoning regulations or public ridicule.
You need immediate defense from a Sugar Land criminal lawyer for your case!
Without the representation of Stornello Law Firm, P.C., you could potentially be facing:
- Years in prison
- Probation or parole
- Life as a registered offender
When you choose to work with our team, you will be working with dedicated attorneys who are understanding of your case and will cross-examine witnesses, gather necessary evidence to support your side of the case and actively pursue a favorable outcome.
If you have been arrested, it is absolutely imperative that you contact Stornello Law Firm, P.C. as soon as possible and work with our trusted and highly experienced Sugar Land criminal defense attorney.
client reviewsOpinions From Those Who Matter Most
“Mr. Stornello was kind enough to share legal insight and experience to assist me, a fellow attorney.”- Caroline O.
“I had two very serious cases I was on probation for and got them terminated early thanks to Mr. Stornello’s hard work.”- Joshua F.
“Because of you, I'm a free man again.”- Joseph O.