Fort Bend County Sex Crime Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Sex Crime Charges in Texas
Sex offenses are severe and are some of the most strictly prosecuted crimes in the state of Texas. Even an arrest and accusation of a sex offense can be demeaning and embarrassing.
Prosecutors will do everything possible to ensure you receive the steepest penalties available. They will quickly throw you into jail, force you to pay expensive fines, and potentially require you to spend the rest of your life registering as a convicted sex offender.
If you have been arrested, you must immediately act and retain the representation of Stornello Law Firm, P.C. We will work diligently to provide you with trusted defense and aggressive representation for your case. If you face any of the following charges, contact our Sugar Land criminal defense attorneys today!
Call Stornello Law Firm, P.C. today (281) 761-7160 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our sex crime attorney in Fort Bend County!
Sex Crimes in Texas
- Rape - Rape is considered a violent crime that will be charged as a felony. If convicted, you could face maximum penalties, including life in prison. If you have been arrested for statutory rape or raping a minor, you need to contact a sex crime attorney immediately.
- Child Pornography- Possessing, distributing, viewing, or requesting and manufacturing child pornography is strictly forbidden by law. If arrested on child pornography charges, you could be penalized with life in prison and major fines.
- Child Abuse - Child sexual abuse is a form of molestation in which the alleged perpetrator acts in a manner or engages in sexual contact with a child to stimulate one's sexual desires. Those accused of this crime will face biased judgments from the public and possibly the jury.
- Internet Crimes - Any type of internet crime, including sexual advancements, exchanging photos or sexually graphic material, child pornography, or asking for services (regardless of outcome), is considered a sex crime.
- Indecency with a Child - Any type of sexual contact, interaction, or exposure with a child or minor under 17 can land a person with a charge of indecency with a child.
- Sexual Assault - Any unwanted advancement or touching of a victim through force, fear, or incoherency is defined as sexual assault. This is an aggravated offense that is heavily prosecuted.
What are the Penalties For Sex Crimes in Texas
Texas State legislation is not forgiving toward those convicted of sex crimes. Regardless of the evidence present or your criminal history, if you are convicted of a sex crime of any kind, you could be facing some of the harshest criminal penalties in use. Some punishments will target your pocketbook and others your time, but the most damaging of all penalties will affect your reputation and good name. If you are charged with a sex crime in Texas, you must react fast to protect yourself with a trusted Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney.
The three top forms of criminal penalty sex crime convicts face are:
- Prison time: Many sex crimes are charged as felonies, not misdemeanors, so any time spent behind bars may be done in a state or federal prison for at least one year. In addition to losing your freedom, incarceration can subject you to the notorious dangers of prison life.
- High fines and fees: Depending on the crime for which you were convicted, the state may exact a fine of several hundred to several thousand dollars. Your conviction will also allow the alleged victim to sue you in civil court for personalized compensation.
- Mandatory sex offender registration: Employers, landlords, administrators of educational institutions, and more have the right to know if you are or have been a registered sex offender. Living an ordinary life may be impossible or uncomfortable with your name on one of these lists. In some situations, sex offenders have been forced to leave neighborhoods or cities due to zoning regulations or public ridicule.
Contact Our Fort Bend County Sex Crime Attorney Today
When you choose to work with our team, you will work with dedicated attorneys who understand your case, cross-examine witnesses, gather necessary evidence to support your side of the case, and actively pursue a favorable outcome.
Contact Stornello Law Firm, P.C. today to schedule a consultation with our sex crime lawyer in Fort Bend County!
“Mr. Stornello was kind enough to share legal insight and experience to assist me, a fellow attorney.”- Caroline O.
“I had two very serious cases I was on probation for and got them terminated early thanks to Mr. Stornello’s hard work.”- Joshua F.
“Because of you, I'm a free man again.”- Joseph O.